After multiple rave reviews of Ethel Dial’s chicken salad that was served at Tuesday’s luncheon, Ethel has graciously agreed to share the recipe for everyone. Enjoy!
Festive (Holiday) Chicken Salad
- 3 Cans 12.5 oz. Chicken Breast – drained (SAM’s Club canned chicken is very good)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise or Yogurt (I like mayo)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1-1/2 cups Dried Cranberries (Sunsweet Cranlins) or craisins
- 1 cup Celery - chopped
- 2 sliced Green onions
- ½ cup Minced green bell pepper
- 1 cup Chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned salt (omit if you want)
- Ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise or yogurt with paprika and seasoned salt. Blend in craisins, celery, bell pepper, onion, and nuts. Add chopped chicken and mix well. Season with black pepper to taste.
Chill 1 hour.
Makes 12 servings
Ethel Dial, November 30, 2010